Saturday, July 16, 2005

Missy Makes Ciara Rap

Missy Elliot says the toughest part of making 'Lose Control' record was not getting Ciara to hit the high notes, it was convincing her to rap.

"It was funny because Ciara don't rap and I had her rapping," Missy laughed. "She was like, 'Is this gonna sound messed up? My fans are gonna be mad.' I told her to just do it and if it sounds crazy, I won't put it up there.

"When me and Ciara get in the lab, it's all about us listening to a record to see if it makes us dance," she added. "We both like to dance. When I heard '1, 2 Step,' I immediately felt it. When I did 'Lose Control,' soon as I heard it, I was like, 'The only person who can pull something off with me [on this track] is Ciara, because it's a record with speed.' When we get in there it's about finding the hot dance step."

More...

No comments: